HIGH POWER RF DEVICES AND AMPLIFIERS
Sunday, January 15, 2006
2:00 PM–6:00 PM
- John Wood, Basim Noori, David Runton, Freescale Semiconductor, Inc.
- Wayne Burger, Freescale Semiconductor
- John Sevic, Maury Microwave
- Basim Noori, Freescale Semiconductor
- Peter Aaen, Freescale Semiconductor
- Earl McCune, Tropian
- Ahmad Khanifar, Telasic
- Jeff Jones, Freescale Semiconductor
- Kyoung-Joon Cho, Shawn Stapleton, Simon Fraser Univ.
An essential component of any RF communications system is the power amplifier,
which may be required to provide a few microwatts for local area networks, to tens and hundreds of watts in wireless base stations. It is this latter area that is the focus of this workshop. The challenges to successful, economical base station design and implementation are manifold, and encompass the full range from
device technology and modeling through amplifier design and system integration; for the high powers required of base stations this combination of problems is unique. The workshop will cover topics from LDMOS device technology through characterization and modeling techniques, to amplifier design, including efficiency
and linearity issues for system considerations. The level of the discussion will be
appropriate for both the newcomer to high power RF industry, as well as seasoned professionals who wish to survey the broad perspective of the business.
From Noon 14 Jan, 2006
17-19 Jan, 2006